For a healthy and naturally sweet treat this Christmas why not have some fun and make these fruit santas, fruit gifts or watermelon christmas trees! They look fabulous displayed on Christmas day and lots of fun for the kids too.
- Put together your fruit santas by threading grapes through toothpick followed by a piece of banana, strawberry and top with a fresh red currant.
- Keep in refrigerator until ready to eat.
- If you don’t have red currants you can also use blueberries.
- 1/8 Watermelon
- 1/8 Honeydew Melon
- Fresh Cherries
- Cut your watermelon and honeydew melon into even squares.
- Thread alternative coloured pieces through toothpicks and top with a fresh red cherry.
- You can also use dragon fruit, rockemelon or pineapple.
Watermelon Xmas Trees
- 1/4 small Watermelon
- Cut your watermelon into triangles. Cut green edge and skin off bottom of watermelon wedge leaving approx 2-3 cm in centre to create a ‘tree trunk’
- Serve as a fun holidays snack or nibble or for after dinner sweets.
For more nourishing recipes, check out: