Oh how I love a bowl of warm pumpkin soup. This is such a simple recipe with a twist of green vege ;)
Using fresh, whole food ingredients this recipe is naturally gluten free and dairy free.
Did you know many store-bought stocks may contain gluten, lactose and yeast? I recommend finding a brand free from these ingredients and free from flavour enhancers or excess salt, or alternatively you can make your own vegetable stock and freeze in batches for ready-to-go soup stock.
- 5 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1 large bunch Kale, woody stems removed, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2kg Pumpkin, peeled and diced into large pieces
- 1.25L Stock or well seasoned water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Nutmeg
- Pinch Pink Salt
- Generous Amount of Black Pepper
- In an extra large saucepan or soup pot saute garlic and kale in olive oil for 3-4 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, stock, nutmeg, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- In a blender (I use Vitamix for all of my pureed soups) or food processor puree ingredients until smooth.
- Garnish with fresh chives or spring onions, chopped.
- Add 1 cup baby spinach leaves before pureeing.
- Add 11/2 head broccoli florets with pumpkin.
- Omit fresh garlic and add 2 tablespoons garlic infused olive oil.
- Choose Kent or Jap pumpkin and avoid butternut pumpkin.
For more nourishing recipes, check out: