These little 'bombs' of natural goodness are really easy to make and use just 4 ingredients. Gluten free, dairy free and no added sugar or sweeteners, just the natural sweetness of a fresh cherry.
- 500g fresh cherries
- 1/4 cup (65g) coconut butter*
- 2 tsps (10ml) extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/3 cup (50g) pistachios, finely chopped
- Pre-line a flat tray and keep in the fridge to cool whilst preparing other ingredients. (Pre-chilling the tray helps coconut coating to set quickly).
- In a small mixing bowl mix coconut butter and oil over boiling water to melt. (Use a small saucepan of boiling water and sit bowl over the top. The heat from underneath will melt the coconut in the mixing bowl.)
- Prepare pistachios in a small bowl.
- Holding the cherry by the stem and dip in coconut and immediately into pistachios.
- Place cherries onto pre-chilled tray and store in fridge to set.
- Serve straight from fridge.
- Swap cherries for strawberries.
- Make sure your cherries are dried well.
- *Coconut butter is different to coconut oil. Coconut butter is the flesh made into a butter. Find in health food stores or here.
- Swap pistachios for finely chopped pumpkin seeds.
Big thank you to Live Love Nourish for this weeks recipes of the week!
Owner and Founder of Live Love Nourish, Casey-Lee Lyons has had over 10 years experience in the health, fitness and wellness industries. As a qualified Nutritionist and Naturopath the wisdom behind Live Love Nourish is backed by years of research and is beautifully balanced with the understanding that within each and everyone is an inner-science that in fact knows exactly what your body needs to Live, Love and Nourish.
For more nourishing recipes check out: