A healthy banana bread recipe made using banana flour. Made with the natural sweetness of banana there is no added sugar or sweeteners and is instead made with nourishing gluten free, dairy free and soy free ingredients.
Great for snacks, quick breakfasts on-the-go and lunch box treats. (You can easily adapt the recipe to make it nut free too, see notes below).
You can purchase banana flour from health food stores or online here.
- 3 large free range eggs
- 1 ¼ cup (330g) mashed banana (approx 3 med bananas) + 1 extra for decoration
- 3/4 cup (180ml) nut milk (or dairy free milk or choice)
- 2 tbsp (40ml) extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup (50g) banana flour
- 1/3 cup (40g) coconut flour
- 1 tsp (3g) gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (1g) vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp (1g) cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (105g) macadamias, chopped
- Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 180°C.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk eggs. Add mashed banana, milk and coconut oil and whisk to combine.
- Add banana flour, coconut flour, baking powder, vanilla and cinnamon and mix to combine. Stir through macadamia nuts.
- Pour batter into a lined loaf tin. Slice extra banana in half lengthways and sit on top of batter.
- Bake in oven for 60 mins or until cooked through. Test with a skewer; the skewer will come out clean when cooked through.
- Serve warm, toasted or chilled.
- Swap macadamia nuts for your favourite nut.
- This recipe is suitable to freeze.
- Try not to over mash the banana.
- Be sure to use baking powder that is free from gluten and aluminium.
- Swap nut milk for coconut milk (carton) or other dairy free milk.
- Omit macadamia nuts.
For more nourishing recipes, check out: