This recipe for gluten free pizza shapes is a healthy alternative to refined and processed savoury crackers that typically contain gluten, dairy and sugar.
I use almond meal as the base 'flour' for these crackers creating a high nutrient snack that is very satisfying. With a few natural savoury flavours added these crackers take on the flavours of pizza making them the perfect gluten free "pizza shape".
These are great lunch box snacks for those who can have nuts and make for a yummy afternoon tea. You can also serve these paleo crackers with your favourite dips such as Hommus, Guacamole, Beetroot Dip or Dairy Free Basil Pesto.
- These crackers are low carb and rich in heathy fats, protein and vitamin E.
- Almonds provide a healthy dose of calcium for strong bones and teeth and are also beneficial for keeping blood sugar levels balanced and are in fact known to help diabetics.
Recipe: Gluten Free Pizza Shapes
- 2 large Egg Whites
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 cups Almond Meal
- 1 tablespoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Paprika
- Pinch Pink Salt and Pepper
- Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 170°C.
- Whisk egg whites and oil together until combined. Add almond meal, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper and mix to combine well.
- Place half of the dough onto the centre of a large sheet of baking paper. Place a second piece of baking paper on top and using a rolling pin roll out dough to approximately ¼ cm thick. Remove top layer of paper. Using a knife or pizza cutter cut into shapes approximately 4cm x 4cm.
- Repeat with second half of dough.
- Transfer to a baking tray. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool.
- Break apart pre-cut shapes. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
Make It Personal:
- Add your own flavour combinations of dried herbs such as rosemary or chives.
- Omit garlic and onion powder and use garlic infused olive oil for garlic flavour. Add 1 teaspoon extra of dried herbs of choice.
Big thank you to Live Love Nourish for this weeks recipes of the week!
Owner and Founder of Live Love Nourish, Casey-Lee Lyons has had over 10 years experience in the health, fitness and wellness industries. As a qualified Nutritionist and Naturopath the wisdom behind Live Love Nourish is backed by years of research and is beautifully balanced with the understanding that within each and everyone is an inner-science that in fact knows exactly what your body needs to Live, Love and Nourish.
For more nourishing recipes check out: