Summer has officially arrived and what better way to celebrate then with a popsicle made from pineapple, fresh lime and coconut. These delicious, creamy treats are vegan and dairy free too! Our secret ingredient to make these popsicles nutrient-packed and provide your body with a cooling dose of vitamins and minerals is avocado! A nutritious snack or treat, this recipe is one both adults and kids will love! Enjoy!
- Adding avocado to your popsicles not only makes them creamy and delicious but it adds a dose of vitamins, minerals and healthy fat, boosting your metabolism and keeping you sustained for longer.
- Avocados also have an anti-inflammatory effect on your body and are rich in vitamin B6, iron and other health-promoting minerals.
- Both avocados and pineapple have an anti-inflammatory effect on your body and are a great way to keep cool during summer.
- Pineapple is a great source of vitamin C and the enzyme Bromelian which is known to help alleviate joint pain and reduce inflammation.
- Coconut provides a healthy dose of beneficial fat and helps to curb sugar cravings.
- In a blender, food processor or stick blender combine all ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into popsicle moulds and insert sticks.
- Transfer to freezer for a minimum of 4 hours or until frozen.
Make It Personal:
- Add some texture to your popsicles by mixing through shredded coconut into blended mixture or blend only half the pineapple and mix through the other half roughly chopped.
- You can also make this recipe into ice-cream. Simply pour pureed ingredients into a freezer-proof bowl and freeze for 2-3 hours, mixing after 1 hour.
- If you don't have popsicle moulds you can also use throw away plastic cups and paddle pop sticks. These tend to make bigger serves and may take a little longer to freeze.
- Using full fat Coconut Milk helps to make these popsicles extra creamy.
- Using Coconut Water adds a source of electrolytes to rehydrate in summer and a natural sweetness.
Big thank you to Live Love Nourish for this weeks recipes of the week!
Owner and Founder of Live Love Nourish, Casey-Lee Lyons has had over 10 years experience in the health, fitness and wellness industries. As a qualified Nutritionist and Naturopath the wisdom behind Live Love Nourish is backed by years of research and is beautifully balanced with the understanding that within each and everyone is an inner-science that in fact knows exactly what your body needs to Live, Love and Nourish.
For more nourishing recipes check out: