A scrumptious salad with a bit of oomph! This gluten free, dairy free, healthy salad recipe has loads of vitamins and minerals to keep you full whilst nourishing your body. With added crunch from a mix of nutritous seeds, this super seed salad will provide your body with a good dose of nutrients.
This super healthy salad makes for a great lunch or a light dinner with added protein of choice.
- Pine Nuts are packed full of vitamins E and K as well as minerals magnesium, zinc and manganese.
- Sesame Seeds are a fantastic source of non-dairy calcium. They also provide a source of magnesium, zinc, iron, selenium and copper. The phytosterols founds in sesame seeds are also helpful in lowering blood cholesterol.
- 1/4 small Pumpkin, diced
- 1 head Broccoli, cut into small florets
- 4 cups Leafy Salad Greens
- 3 teaspoons Olive Oil
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1/4 cup Fresh Coriander Leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley Leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Pine Nuts
- 2 teaspoons Sesame Seeds (white &/or black)
- Steam pumpkin and broccoli until just tender. Set aside. (Cool if preferred).
- In a large mixing bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice and herbs.
- Add salad greens and toss to dress leaves.
- Toast pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pine nuts and sesame seeds for a few minutes in a frying pan.
- Add pumpkin and broccoli to salad leaves and sprinkle with toasted seeds just before serving.
- Add your choice of poached or boiled eggs, cooked salmon, cooked and shredded chicken or canned salmon/tuna to boost protein content.
- You can either serve this salad with warm pumpkin or broccoli or cooked and chilled depending on your liking.